Our Rat Pack Grand Auction will take place on Saturday the 6th of July at Shobdon Airfield as part our ‘Rat Pack Returns‘ evening starring ITV weather presenter, Des Coleman hosted by Herefordshire Aero Club at Shobdon Airfield. The auction will take place during the interval. We’ve some great lots donated by some very generous people and we’d love you to bid on them!
There are two ways you can bid: either by raising your hand on the night or by emailing as at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us the maximum amount you are willing to pay and for which lot. If that figure isn’t surpassed at the auction on the night, the lot is yours, providing your bid meets any reserve set.
1) Berrington Hall Family Ticket. Built in 1778-81 for the son of the 3rd Earl of Oxford, Berrington Hall near Leominster is one of the few masterpieces of the architect Henry Holland to survive intact. The walled garden and pleasure grounds is ‘Capability’ Brown’s final masterpiece and a visit is a must. This lot was kindly donated by Berrington Hall and sourced by Nanny Bobbins who are exhibiting in the Craft Marquee at this year’s Festival.
2) Aerobatic Experience. Take the front seat for a flight in the ultimate aerobatics machine with one of the country’s most experienced aerobatic pilots. A perfect present for the thrill seeker in your life, or why not treat yourself? This experience is kindly donated by expert display pilot, Nick Wakefield.
3) Peter Pan. Family ticket (2 adults/2 children) to Peter Pan at The Birmingham Rep on Thursday the 5th of December at 7pm. Filled with swashbuckling adventure, this eternal classic has enthralled audiences across generations. This striking new version for the young, young at heart and forever young is set to make you fall in love with this family favourite all over again. Kindly donated by the Birmingham Repertory Theatre Company.
4) Helicopter Trial Flight. 30-minute trial flight for 1 person in a Robinson R22 (two place) helicopter. This is a stunning opportunity to take to skies over Shobdon Airfield and even includes a chance to take the controls yourself. Kindly donated by Tiger Helicopters.
5) Circus 1903. 4 x tickets for the opening night of Circus 1903 on Friday October the 25th. Described as The Greatest Showman meets War Horse, this extravaganza features sensational life-sized elephants stunningly created by puppeteers from War Horse, putting elephants back in the ring as never before. The circus boasts a huge cast of jaw-dropping and dangerous acts from across the globe including acrobats, contortionists, trapeze and high wire performers, transporting you to the mesmerising Golden Age of circus. Kindly donated by Birmingham Hippodrome.
6) Paella for 20. Have your garden gathering catered by one of the Festival’s most popular exhibitors: Key Cottage Catering aka ‘Mark with the big pans!’ He’ll come to your home (as long as it’s within a 20 mile radius of Shobdon) and cook up a sumptuous chicken and chorizo paella. Kindly donated by Key Cottage Catering.
7) Cricket Tickets. 2x tickets to Warwickshire Bears T20 match v Derbyshire Falcons at Edgbaston on Wednesday the 24th of July 2019 (7pm start). Kindly donated by Warwickshire County Cricket Club and sourced by the team at ConeCuisine who are exhibiting at this year’s Festival.
8) Gyrocopter Experience. An incredible opportunity to take a 30min trial flight with experienced gyrocopter pilot, Tom Galloway who has kindly donated this incredible prize.
9) Wellington Bomber Painting. A stunning print of this iconic British twin-engined, long-range medium bomber. It was designed during the mid-1930s and was used as a night bomber in the early years of the 2nd World War. This print was recently gifted to Herefordshire Aero Club who have kindly donated it to our auction.
10) Herefordshire mini-break. A 3-night stay for 6 people (plus baby if applicable) at a stunning Herefordshire self catering barn conversion. The 17th century Yew Tree Barn was tastefully converted in 2013. It is set in a courtyard with the owners’ farmhouse on a working dairy farm and is elegantly furnished and styled to provide a luxurious home from home. Nestled on the Welsh border, in a peaceful rural location adjacent to a 23 acre common, 8 miles from Ross on Wye and 13 miles from Hereford. The stay can be booked between September 13th 2019 and April 30th 2020 subject to availability. It can be a long weekend starting on Friday or Saturday or midweek starting on Monday or Tuesday. The barn has 3 bedrooms, two with king size beds, and one with a double or twin. This lot is very kindly donated by the team at Kelsmor Dairy.